Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Smartie Cookies with Reuben and Carissa

We made Smartie Cookies today and I had so much fun. We got very messy and Carissa had chocolate all over her face. They are very very very very very yummy.

I love cooking with Mummy, we get to lick the spoons at the end and do the mixing and put all the ingredients in. Then we watched a video while Mummy cleaned all the mess in the kitchen up.

Sam will have some when he gets home from school. And I am going to give some to Gemea because I love her. I love you all. Love Reuben


Here's the Recipe:

125 g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
2 Tbsp Baking Cocoa
3/4 cup SMARTIES - yum!
(Plus we added 3/4 Cup of White Choc chips)

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Beat butter and sugars until creamy, beat in egg. Fold in combined sifted flour and NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa, fold in SMARTIES.
Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls, place on greased oven trays. Press down lightly with fork. Bake 15-20 minutes until cooked. Cool on wire rack.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi kids
I hope you didn't get sick, eating all those cookies, they look yum.
Carissa would have been tasty to kiss with all that chocolate on her face. Reuben, You certainly are a boy with lots of love to give,and people love you too. Sam, are you still having fun at school?
Bob

Clairey said...

mmmmm! Those cookies sound very yummy. I wish I could try some.

They don't have smarties in America.

I love you all..

Claire

Deb said...

the cookies look great, you, Cariss and Mummy are fab chefs! Mummy is very lovely to do all the cleaning up while you guys rest with a DVD....make sure you give her lots of hugs!

Maybe I will try out your recipe with Katie when she moves in.

Rinni said...

Yummy, you bake the best bikkies!

I bet they were a lot of fun to make. My favourite part is licking the bowl afterwards and eating the cookies while they are still warm!

Karin

Unknown said...

Have you been doing any spying today? You may have to put on a disguise, a fake beard, glasses, funny teeth so no one will know it's you. You may also need a pair of binoculars or a telescope. Happy spying.

Bob

Unknown said...

Hi Reub!!!

You are a great cook. Grandpa and I enjoyed the cookies you made for us too. They were very yummy and chewy!!!

Love Grandma