Friday, January 26, 2007

Rocky Road

Today we made Rocky Road. We made it before for my preschool teachers. We like it. We love making it. Mummy put the recipe we used on here. Reuben and I broke the chocolate up. It's very fun and sometimes it hard. We did help make it. It's for Mummy's birthday.


Rocky Road
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Serves: 24


2 cups ALLEN'S Marshmallows, halved
200 g red glacé cherries, halved
400 g NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
1 cup shredded coconut
60 g butter, melted
Line 18cm x28cm lamington pan with foil.
Combine marshmallows, red glace cherries, peanuts and coconut in a bowl.
Add combined melted NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate and butter, mix well.
Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
Cut into slices.
Allow refrigeration time.

5 comments:

Deb said...

yum! I can't wait to eat somerocky road tonight :)

Unknown said...

I would love to see the menu for mum's birthday party. I think there would be lots of sweet stuff and HEAPS of chips. You are very blessed to have such exciting parents. They are way cool.

Bob

Zarna said...

Yum!

Clairey said...

Your blog is really really cool Sam! I love it!

Rocky Road sounds great! You may have inspired me to make some - except I might leave out the cherries and peanuts and put dried cranberries and cashews in instead.

Good luck starting school on Wednesday! I can't wait to see how it goes! :D

Unknown said...

That was a great party for your mum. I snuck a bit of rocky road and it was yummmm.I might make some rocky road and put some sardines and onions in it. That should taste good.
Have a great time at school and make lots of nice friends.

Bob